Saturday, October 31, 2009

What is the sucess rate for neck surgery ie; fusing discs?


Answer:
LOL, I'm a RN working on a neurosurg unit as I'm typing. Its hard to give you a success rate. Lots a times it's no better and no worse. Very rarely you can come out much worse. I've got a pt right know who can't even grasp the med cup for his vicodens, but could before. All he had before was pain and burning now he's in pretty crappy shape. I know the pain can be terrible, but just don't think surg is going to change the world and it could make it much worse.
5%
I know nothing about the surgery except I have 2 friends who have had this done and the recovery was great for both of them.
They were both very scared about the surgery but have completely recovered. One was done over 17 years ago so it isn't new procedures.
If you are talking about a pinched nerve in c4, c5, and c6, I am asking the same question. And so far, I can not bring myself to say yes.
Good luck in your decision.
I have some info http://tinyurl.com/2c5hfp You can type in on the search NECK for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What is wrong © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net