Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What kinda of brace wouidl be best for work?

without having to go to a doctor to get one.
My wrist bothers me often, esp, when moving side to side and lifting things, I work at a horse barn on the weeks and theres alot of mucking and lifting, turning wrist side to side, and i have to have my arm in a sideways position to ride, so what kinda of wrist brace could i use to help not be so sore while working?
I had a ace wrap on today, but didnt help so much Thanks
Go to any of your local medical supply stores. There's a generic type of brace that most people use for carpal tunnel...no, i'm not saying you have carpal tunnel, i'm not a doc. This brace will be hard on the underside and have velcro straps to tighten it across the top. If you're paying for it...they shouldn't need a doctor's slip...and if they ask for one...tell them you're replacing your old one that has worn out or broken.I do recommend that you see a doctor for this...but if you're just trying to see what relieves the symptoms...then the carpal tunnel type brace would help to limit motion for a while. It will be hard to hold a shovel for mucking...but obviously your daily work is creating a problem.
Get one from like a store from the pharmacy aisle. It will hold it in place. Or do what I would do bang in and take a sick day.

What kind of pain pill says watson 3203 on it, and is pink and oval?

Is this your pill?
http://www.wallsrx.com/services/cpident.If so, it is, in fact a Hydrocodone 7.5/ Acetaminophen 325 mgs.
Wygesic is a good bet
HYDROCODONE 7.5 MG / ACETAMINOPHEN 325 MGhttp://www.drugs.com/forum/pill-identifi...
Vicodin or Lortab, generic name: hydrocodone 7.5 mg/acetominophen 325 mg
It is a generic form of the pain-killer hydrocodone.
it is most likely a percorect? 10 mg iused to take them when i had my lower jaw bone removed because. i had a tumor they a nice kick be Fair and share with the group. ha ha
The correct answer is Darvocet. Wygesics are a generic form of Darvocet but they are orange.
It is definitely a hydrocodone/apap 7.5/325mg the brand name of it is Norco it is for pain.

What kind of pain is associated with PRK?

After PRK
As with any kind of eye surgery, it's important that you follow your doctor's instructions to the letter. Get proper rest, fill and use any necessary prescriptions, and call your doctor immediately if you suspect a problem. What occurs after the surgery can affect your vision just as much as the surgery itself.Immediately after PRK, the doctor will have you rest for a bit, then you can go home (someone else must drive). At home, you should relax for at least a few hours.You may be able to go to work the next day, but many doctors advise a couple of days of rest instead. They also recommend no strenuous exercise for up to a week, since this can traumatize the eye and affect healing.Avoid rubbing your eye (your doctor will tell you how long). In fact, you will be examined just about every day to make sure the epithelium is healing properly. You will probably wear a special "bandage" contact lens, use antibiotic drops for a few days, and apply anti-inflammatory drops for several weeks.

What kind of injury do I have to my leg/knee?

I was playing softball and running to first base... felt a pop on the backside of my leg down in the general area behind my knee and on the back outside portion of my knee (not the MCL or LCL from what I can tell). There wasn't any acute pain associated with the pop and I didn't hear anything, just felt it. There doesn't appear to be any swelling or discoloration -- just some difficulty in moving it, as it is pretty sore. As of now, the joint doesn't feel unstable, either.Could this be a lower hamstring injury or is it something to me knee? Any ideas?
It could be a number of things, and I’ll be upfront with you that any sort of accurate diagnosis over the internet is almost completely out of the question. But from what you said I’ll give you my 2 cents. Your report of a “pop” indicates something broke. Considering that you were engaged in running bases, an explosive, high force activity, at the time certainly would support the “you broke something” theory. Considering the area (the distal posteriolateral thigh), your reports of good knee stability, and a lack of swelling/discoloration ligamentous damage can likely be ruled out. Likewise, lack of swelling and discoloration, and no mention of any clicking, catching or buckling likely rules out a meniscus tear. So let’s go back to the area. Your lateral hamstring, the biceps femoris, runs right about where your “pop” was, and lots of people end up “pulling a hammy”. With what you’ve said, that’s what I would say you’ve got--- a 1st degree biceps femoris strain. Signs and symptoms would be pain and pain potentially limiting your active range of motion and strength, but no true loss of strength. If it was a 2nd degree strain you’d have the pain, but would also notice some significant muscle weakness. Alternatively, if you’ve had a history of hamstring strains this could have been an adhesion (scar tissue) breaking. In either event, ice is your friend. Ice the area down (stick a bag of frozen peas on it) for 20 minutes, wait an hour or two, then repeat. Rest it for a while. No strenuous exercise. Walking would be ok, and probably good for it, so long as it’s a nice relaxed pace. Take some ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatory over the counter medication to keep any inflammation down. Again internet “diagnosis” = not really worth much. Still, I hope this helps. If the pain hasn’t gone away in a few days, go see your physician. Have a good one.
A couple of quick things come to mind. You may have just popped it out of place quickly and then it returned causing the ligaments to stretch briefly which would explain the pain around the knee. Another possibility is a common cyst that popped behind your knee called a Baker's cyst. If this is the case, no harm caused, just some discomfort.
Go to WebMD and use the interactive symptoms checker. Pretty cool, not funded by Big Pharma, just useful advice and suggestions about whether/when to see a doctor.

What kind of injury did I get and what I can do about it?>?

it hurts on my back below my elbow and ribs... when i move any of my arms only a lil it hurts so much like something is pulling.when i stand up it hurts. when i try to lay down.. too.. it hurts pretty much everytime i move my body...I woke up and it hurt a lil but then i ate breakfast and started hurting so much.. its not a bone i dont think , i think i pulled a muscle or soemthign .. what can i do about it?.. it hurts so bad i cant even get up my chair..i tried hard and fell on my arm lol ahh
See a doctor to confirm the problem, but it does sound like you may have pulled a muscle. The doctor can give you muscle relaxants and I can tell you that they really help a great deal. I pulled a muscle in my back where I could hardly move and was bent over. Those muscle relaxants along with taking it easy for a while and a lot of hot baths/showers did the trick. Just make sure you have a doctor make sure that is what it really is.
Go to the hospital. It sounds really serious. This is nothing to mess around with. When I was having muscle spasms I felt the same way though. The Dr. gave me different kinds of medication. It helped some. Go get checked out Today'
Sounds like a pulled muscle. Take about 800mg of motrin, make sure you do it with some food. Also use a heating pad to loosen up your muscles, a hot shower will do too. If you do not have motrin or ibuprofen then try asprin. They both can reduce the inflammation and take away the pain., If you take tylenol it will take away the pain but not the swelling. Good luck

What kind of headache is this?

the pain is quite bad but i also feel sick (although iv never actually been sick) and going on the computer/ tv makes my eyes hurt more. in fact they normally start when im on the computer for a long period of time. iv also felt dizzy and like im going to faint at times.they normally last 3 or 4 days and then go away for a day or so and then come backi have tried all sorts of things to stop the pain but the only thing which has helped is taking paracetemol plus and nurofen together, but even then the pain comes back after a few hours
i would agree with eye strain, tension headache or sinus related. try 1500mg of soluble aspirin in the very early stages of the pain, amazingly this often works! (not so great if you have had it for a few hours-then stick with the paracet/codeine/nurofen combo) are you drinking enough water as well? i would get your eyes checked, if anything at least you can rule out an option if your eyes turn out to be ok. do you suffer from hayfever or allergies? excess fluid can cause pressure in the head, and therefore pain.
Try napping if you've got the opportunity, but it's possible that you have migraines (seeing as they last so long). You should consult your gp to see if there's anything that can be done?
a migrain? ...i can't spell.
whatever, it a headache. talk to your doctor about it.
sounds like migraines you might try an over the counter migraine pill or capsule, or better yet get it checked by a doctor
This may sound very silly, but have you ever had your eyes checked? Before I found out that I needed glasses I suffered really bad headaches and nausea, especially when watching TV at that time. I never really 'saw' that my vision was bad, because it gradually sets in. My docter advised me to have my eyes checked and here I am, no more headaches and a cute pair of glasses.
Yep...Sounds like a migrane or tension headache. I find it hard to believe that you've never been ill. Surely you've had at least one cold...
Headaches can be caused by minor problems
like eyestrain, lack of coffee or more serious reasons
like head injury, brain tumors, encephalitis and
meningitis. Taking painkillers continuously can
have harmful side effects, so it is better to
modify your lifestyle. More information available at

What kind of headache do I have?

I have sharp 1 second pains every once in a while on top of my head, behind my right eye, on either side of my head, and I've also been having sinus pressure.In addition, I'm getting heat sensations on my right jawline and on my left earlobe. I could write all this off as symptoms of sinus headache w/ stress, but I'd like to be sure, and make sure it's nothing to worry about.
Sinus headaches are rare unless you have a sinus infections. Several studies have shown that 90% of what people think are sinus headaches are actually Migraine attacks. Because a Migraine attack affects the trigeminal nerve, one branch of which runs along the sinuses, a Migraine can easily cause a feeling of pressure or pain in that area.The sharp one-second pains you describe could be ice pick headaches.All in all, a visit to your doctor to check out these things would be a good idea.Good luck!
Maybe u-r just getting sick and maybe its just spring.
Do you have your wisdom teeth out? I was having similar problems and it turned out my wisdom teeth were causing all the pressure and pain. You may want to see a dentist.
i suggest you buy some nasal decongestants with some pain reliever in it . try that and see how you feel
That's not even remotely typical of sinus headaches, though it isn't a classical picture of any other headache syndrome, either. It sounds like a good challenge for you and your doctor to work on for a while.
Headaches can be caused by minor problems
like eyestrain, lack of coffee or more serious reasons
like head injury, brain tumors, encephalitis and
meningitis. Taking painkillers continuously can
have harmful side effects, so it is better to
modify your lifestyle. More information available at
Some of the reasons which cause headache are hypertension, over work, mental stress, indigestion, sleeplessness, fever, anemia, deficiency of oxygen in the blood, etc. Whenever a headache strikes drink lots of water .Lack of oxygen may have lead to your headache. Place a few ice-cubes in a polythene bag, and apply this on the forehead and temples. Check out http://useinfo-headache.blogspot.com/... for more info

What is wrong © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net