Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What kind of headache do I have?

I have sharp 1 second pains every once in a while on top of my head, behind my right eye, on either side of my head, and I've also been having sinus pressure.In addition, I'm getting heat sensations on my right jawline and on my left earlobe. I could write all this off as symptoms of sinus headache w/ stress, but I'd like to be sure, and make sure it's nothing to worry about.
Answer:
Sinus headaches are rare unless you have a sinus infections. Several studies have shown that 90% of what people think are sinus headaches are actually Migraine attacks. Because a Migraine attack affects the trigeminal nerve, one branch of which runs along the sinuses, a Migraine can easily cause a feeling of pressure or pain in that area.The sharp one-second pains you describe could be ice pick headaches.All in all, a visit to your doctor to check out these things would be a good idea.Good luck!
Maybe u-r just getting sick and maybe its just spring.
Do you have your wisdom teeth out? I was having similar problems and it turned out my wisdom teeth were causing all the pressure and pain. You may want to see a dentist.
i suggest you buy some nasal decongestants with some pain reliever in it . try that and see how you feel
That's not even remotely typical of sinus headaches, though it isn't a classical picture of any other headache syndrome, either. It sounds like a good challenge for you and your doctor to work on for a while.
Headaches can be caused by minor problems
like eyestrain, lack of coffee or more serious reasons
like head injury, brain tumors, encephalitis and
meningitis. Taking painkillers continuously can
have harmful side effects, so it is better to
modify your lifestyle. More information available at
Some of the reasons which cause headache are hypertension, over work, mental stress, indigestion, sleeplessness, fever, anemia, deficiency of oxygen in the blood, etc. Whenever a headache strikes drink lots of water .Lack of oxygen may have lead to your headache. Place a few ice-cubes in a polythene bag, and apply this on the forehead and temples. Check out http://useinfo-headache.blogspot.com/... for more info

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What is wrong © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net