Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What is wrong? should i see a doc?

at work my co worker dropped a pallet of boxed paper down 20 fifty pound boxes on it and it caught my pinky toe like in my shoe. i couldnt get my shoe out my co worker lifted the pallet and i got my foot out. and now my pinky toe and ankle hurt. even all the way to my knee but mostly my ankle. but why would my anle hurt|? my toe doesnt even really hurt. today the next day it doesnt hurt as much but i never used it, my foot is swollen and no discoloration. it is fairly cold too. i can walk on it it hurts but not so i cant walk. i do limp though. any guesses at what could be wrong. i know it not fractured or broken cuz i can walk and wiggle my toes. it is bruised now too.
Answer:
Just because you can wiggle your toes doesn't mean there isnt a fracture. However they do very little for most closed fractured toes (they just taped mine together).Also since your foot was "trapped" and you probably jerked or moved suddenly because you were startled, you might have twisted your ankle or something. Since this is an accident at work you should have been able to go get checked without it costing you. But that often requires that you report the injury when it happens and fill out an accident report and that kind of thing. It is harder to get them to cover things you didn't report in a timely fashion or in the correct way. Still, you should be covered. If it continues to be painful and doesn't get better, I think you should have it checked, just to make sure.
Pinched blood vessel cutting off circulation?
just because you can walk on your foot does not mean that it's not fractured. only an xray can discern this. visit an urgent care or ER.
YA, go to the doctor silly! It could be a hairline fracture, there is definitley something wrong, go right away tomorrow, they should X-ray your foot. Good luck
I'd see a doc. could have damaged blood vessels and/or nerves.It couldn't hurt to have it checked out.You might have damaged more than you realized at the time...
You need to fill out an accident report at work, and see a doctor. That way, it is paid for by the company and if you need to miss work it is fully excused. Its not worth a health risk to sit around and wonder whats wrong. Plus, that happened to me once, and I waited so long that when I did finally go to a doctor, they had to re-break it.
You may have torn a nerve or a blood vessel while trying to pull your foot out. The nerve would explain why it doesn't hurt, but the blood vessel would explain why it is cold and doesn't hurt, as well as the bruising, though along with the nerve the bursting of the capillaries would also explain bruising. However, since to said that your knee hurt, I would think that it would be a damaged nerve, and that should be checked out soon, as a nerve that large can sometimes be repaired if treated early. So yes, go see a doctor, even informally if necessary.
you could have hurt any number of things. ice it. tell your boss and go to the ER

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What is wrong © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net