Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What is wrong with my knee?

I am 16 years old and I get sharp almost numbing pain in my knee when I run up the stairs or jump into rapid activity. I was thinking that the tendon may be slipping or perhaps I have been pinching a nerve. Today I ran up the stairs at school from a slow walk and on the 4th or 5th stair my knee completely seized up and sent pains like someone jabbed a knife behind my knee cap.
My mom has knee problems so this is most likely genetically related.Thanks in advance
Answer:
Some possible causes:1) Could be chondromalacia patellae, the softening of your inner knee cap surface due to constant rubbing of it on your main leg bone's surface , the femur. Once you find out for sure what it is, you could get a referral to a physiotherapist by your family doctor to see what kind of exercises your could do to strengthen your top thigh muscles (quadriceps)2) Torn cartilage that cushions your upper leg bone (femur) from your lower leg bone (mostly the tibia)--a pinching of the torn flap portion could be painful as well as making your knee lock up3) A torn flap of unnecessary tissue...can't remember the name of it off the top of my head at the moment...but it is quite common.
I am having the same exact problem.JUST WENT TO THE Doctor. You probably have a Miniscus tear in your knee.
Look it up on Web MD.com . Ihope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What is wrong © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net