Sunday, October 25, 2009

What is the best way to get rid of an ear ache?

I've had a horrible ear ache all day, and I think it's making the top row of my teeth hurt as well. I've had a cold for about a week and everytime I cough I feel a lot of pressure in the side of my head. I don't have any Sweet Oil, anything else I can use to help the pain?
Answer:
Sure, try some nasal spray. Take some Nyquil or the like, should help. Good luck.
see your doctor
They say a few drops of Olive oil warmed will help...also I know this sounds funny but an old wives tail says to get someone to blow smoke in your ear. Ibuprofen will help. you probably have sinusitus.
Use a blowdryer on low speed, with warm air directly on your ear for a few seconds. The warm air always helps my earaches.
theres this liquid medication called 'sudafed' (sp?) and it worked straight away for me. when i get sick i usually get the worst ear aches and il wake up at night from the pain and crying, but when i took this medication it practically went away straight away!! best thing ive ever used!
I've heard putting pee in it helps, never tried it myself. It's an old timers remedy.
My roommate poured vegetable oil in my ear last time I had an ear ache. I didnt feel any difference. Try ibuprofen and sleep.
Hold a hot water bottle up to your ear. This helps relieve the pressure from an ear ache.
try olive oil. warm it up. NOT HOT! just room temp. put it in your ear and block with a cotton ball.
(if that doesn't work, i've found that a strong pain reliever, a shot of niquil and a beer will at least help me sleep through it.... if you are over 21)by the way. if your top row of teeth are hurting... it may actually be an absess tooth that is giving you the ear ache, not the other way around. see your dentist as well.[my grandfather also swore by sean's remedy, but it has to be your own]
You really need to see a doctor. You have probably got a severe ear infection. Your description indicates sinus blockage, which means either sinusitis or ear infection. That's the source of the pressure. You can try warm or hot packs, but you urgently need to be treated for your illness.The Ibuprofen would help with the pain until you can be seen.
The sudafed may help if it's sinusitis.
my grandma always took some glycerin and warmed it up in a spoon and put it in my ear and a cotton ball and it helped pull the infection out. it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What is wrong © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net