Saturday, October 31, 2009

What is the most effective way to quit smoking..?

This isnt for me for someone else, how can I get him to quit smoking its such a dirty disgusting habit and its making me sick. We have tried the gum but it didnt work, is there any medical interventions? injections or something? This is for someone who has no will power to quit.
Answer:
This site will give him the will power and fast. Get him to check it out. It really awakened me when I had quit...http://www.quitnet.comI found the patch worked well for me and I was a hard core smoker. But do check out that site and take the time to poke around it.
I know people who have tried everything from hypnotism to pills to patches to gum. Pretty much every way is hard, but if your friend doesn't have the will power , nothing will help. Take him to an old folks home and let him meet someone with emphysema, struggling for every breath they take and lugging around an oxygen tank, or take him to an oncology ward of any major hospital so he can see someone dying of lung cancer, suffering so much that at the end, death is a relief. I probably sound harsh, but I lost my Mom to lung cancer a year and a half ago, and I miss her every single day. She said once , after chemo that if she had only known , she would never have picked up a cigarette when she was a teenager, that nothing was worth that kind of suffering.
willpower doesn't work very well. however, there is a book that will explain how easy it is to quit. "Easy Way to Quit" by Allen Carr. It works for me.
I do not crave a cigarette hardly at all! It's quite an amazing book. It works by getting rid of the brainwashing that makes people believe its hard to quit, when it really isn't. Plus, you don't even have to stop smoking until you finish reading the book.
It's easy to go all night long without smoking...think about it. So nicotine addiction really isn't all that bad. It's the thought process that makes it seem bad.
Really...read the book. It's the only thing that worked for me. I was a smoker for 30 years. I went from a pack a day to zero a day with no unpleasantness at all. In fact, I can't figure out why I never did it before! I do not feel I gave up anything. I feel that I have become free from a nasty horrid trap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What is wrong © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net