Sunday, October 25, 2009

What is the easiest way appart from pain killers to relive my period pains while im at college?


Answer:
A heating pad, and believe it or not exersise. If you get moving it stops cramps! I suggest walking.
Pain killers are a good option... but if you don't want to use them wheat sacks are suppossed to work really well too. Good Luck!
try avoiding caffeine and try taking less sodium..
If you don't want to take good ol' midol or pamprin, try exercising. I've found that if I exercise even the smallest bit each night that I'm on my period, it seems to help. (It may just be a placebo type of effect because you're focusing on something else- but hey, it still works for me =)
I found that by taking my calcium my pain was reduced. Also, reducing salt the week before seemed to help.
hurm... drink lot of softdrink I think
http://likeall.blogspot.com
Hot water bottles. Long baths.
Herbal teas, such as chamomile, mint, raspberry, and blackberry, may help soothe tense muscles and anxious moods.
Exercise. Regular workouts decrease the severity of cramps.
Below are some useful home remedies for period pain:* Drink a glass of milk with a half-teaspoon cinnamon every night to relieve cramps. * Drink parsley, beet, carrot, and cucumber juices on a regular basis to relieve cramps. * Have massage of lobelia extract into any area that is cramped. * Also drink a tea of red raspberry leaves to prevent and reduce the severity of menstrual cramps. Many other sites have good information on home remedies for pain
Apply a hot water bottle to your abdominal area. Also try Pamprin. You start taking it several days before your period starts. It will relieve some of the bloating and lessen the discomfort.
get yourself a hot bottle from the chemist or a bargain store. fill it with hot water and place it on your abdomen
Please consut a Homeopath with all the details of your symptoms. It can be treated just with few doases of medicine.
I heard my friends said that they took primrose oil one tablet a day and it helped them from getting cramp. I have never tried it myself because I went to see the chinese doctor and took chinese herb instead. It works for me, don't have to suffer again.
Get on birth control which usually shortens your cycles.
I take Black Cohosh, its a herbal extract in liquid form which really helps with periods pains. You have to take it for awhile,like a teaspoon everyday I think it is, but it really does help.When your period comes around it doesn't hurt half as much! Thats a kind of long term option though, in the short term pain killers are the only thing I can think of. A good combination is pain killers and a hot water bottle,but if you're in college during the day you couldn't really do that! If your pains are really bad then just take the strongest pain killer you can get without prescription, Solpadene is a godsend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What is wrong © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net