Saturday, October 31, 2009

What is the matter with me?

I went to the ER today cause I feel like I am breathing through a straw (not all the time) just every now and then. This has been going on for 2 days. Anyways they told me that I have bronchitis and I totally diagree. I am not coughing no fever nothing other than the breathing and my head feels like its floating or in another word feels like alittle pressure is on my head. Anyone have any clue whats up with me. Or what kind of test I should consider telling my doc?
Answer:
A fever and coughing are not necessary to have bronchitis. If you feel they are wrong. Go to the doc and don't mention what the ER said. It could be bronchitis. Without knowing your family and personal history, it is impossible to say.
Ive had bronchitis before and didnt feel badly for about a week then I went to the doctor and he said I'd had it about a week. I think its one of those things that hides for a week then makes you feel badly. Doctors arent wrong very often, but if you really disagree and are established with a primary care dr then go see him/her and see what he has to say.
you dont have to have a fever and be coughing to have bronchitus take the meds and see how you feel afterwards if it isnt better in a few days then go to your doctor.
Asthma would be the next thing I'd look at if I were you.There are other things that could be causing it, but asthma is probably the most common.Doc *practice* medicine. I say that because is it not a cut and dry science a lot of the time. Some docs are better than others, and some know more about certain things than others. This is why it's always a good idea to go to another doc if you don't get a satisfactory answer from the first doc.
Sorry you feel so miserable. The diagnose "Bronchitis" means "inflammation of the bronchioles". In other words, whether you are coughing or not, or without fever, does not change the diagnose. Trust the Docs... they have nothing to gain by mis-diagnosing you or lying to you. You have already been told you have Bronchitis...a URI...an upper-respiratory infection. It makes sense to me that your sinuses might also be involved or .."sinusitis"...thus your light headed feeling and pressure, sometimes the middle ear can also be effected, causing vertigo/dizziness. Try some hot steamy showers, drink some hot drinks, it may help to loosen your chest. Time will no doubt heal you. Of course, see the MD if you feel worse. Good Luck!
Try sleeping with an extra pillow under you at night. this may lift the pressure. If you have had augmentative surgery, mabye the pressure from that is the problem. What i would do is boil water, put in a bowl, stick your head under a towel and put over the bowl. it might help to put some herbs like peppermint or tea tree or lavender oil in. breathe it and it may open your sinuses and stop the strange breathing.
ah let's try this one solution.stop smoking that cheech man. lol! jk dude!
sounds serious though :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What is wrong © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net