Sunday, October 25, 2009

What is the difference between Flexeril and Skelaxin?

Please don't post the drug info. I've read the pharmacy inserts for both and they both sound exactly the same to me. That's why I'm asking.
Answer:
Both are muscle relaxers. They accomplish the same thing, but may do it by different mechansims. Flexeril works on the brainstem to induce relaxation of the muslces, the mechanisms for skelaxin is a little lesser known.It's kinds of like the difference between ibuprofen and naproxen...both are anti-inflammatories, but how they induce anti-inflammation is a little different.
they are basically the same, although Flexeril is supposed to help with depression. Both work on relaxing the muscles throughout the body. of the two I personally like Skelaxin. It really does relax the muscles good. I hope this helps.
A big co-pay on insurance in my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What is wrong © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net