Sunday, October 25, 2009

What is the best way to prevent Plantar Fasciitis?

When ever I run more than 10 miles my feet kill me the next day. I strecth them, warm up, wear newer running shoes but nothing seems to work. Am I doomed with this forever?
Answer:
Man I feel your pain. I cannot even walk or stand in the shop for more than a few minutes. Besides your streatches, my podiatrist recomended anti-inflamatory drugs like Ibuprophen or you can ask them for a prescription for Meloxicam which is a newer replacemment for drugs like Viaoxx that were pulled from the market. Also do ice packs for 20 minutes several times a day to keep swelling down. I also purchased Orthotics (Special shoe inserts) from my podiatrist. You can get ones like Dr Scholls from the drug stores but they are soft. The ones my podiatrist sold me were $35 and are like a very hard plastic that when I have my shoes on they press into and streatch the arch to keep that tendon flexible. My problem is that the bone spur resulting from having Plantar Fasciitis is probably too large as it gets inflamed way too fast. Looks like surgery is possible in the future for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What is wrong © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net